Size: 1 oz (w/dropper included)-- approx. 10 days supply
MADE IN USA
What is it?:
Boneset (Eupatorium perfoliatum) is a very versatile herb that grows naturally in the Eastern United States and Canada. Its common name is a tad misleading... not to be confused with comfrey (which is sometimes also referred to as boneset), this herb takes its name from a particularly virulent strain of flu that was once known as “Breakbone Fever”. Now known as “Dengue Fever”, the pain in the bones from this fever was so intense it was likened to that of a broken bone, and boneset was used to bring considerable relief.
Boneset is high in vitamins & minerals (especially magnesium, calcium, niacin, and phosphorus) as well as other organic compounds, to include: polysaccharides, flavonoids (including quercetin), diterpenes, sterols, volatile oils, and sesquiterpene lactones (including eupafolin). Its uses in the practice of herbalism include:
- Fever reducer: Boneset is best known and most widely used to induce diaphoresis to help the body reduce high fevers. This can be especially helpful in the first 24-48 hrs. of experiencing the symptoms of cold or flu (i.e. it can help you sweat out the cold before it has a chance to dive down deep into the lungs & body). Boneset is also useful to address fevers that have in fact gone deep into the body, as well as fevers from infection.
- Anti-inflammatory: Boneset can be helpful to reduce inflammation associated with high fevers and (viral) infections (both local and systemic).
- Supports the immune system: Boneset encourages the body to produce cytokines, which are messenger molecules that tell the immune system to attack invading pathogens. In this way boneset supports the function of the immune system.
- Digestive function: Boneset stimulates the production of deficient digestive enzymes in the gastrointestinal tract and also stimulates bile flow in the liver. This means that is can help with sluggish/incomplete digestion, bloating, distention, and pain.
Precautions when considering the use of Boneset:
Breastfeeding and pregnant women should not use Boneset.
Should not be used on a long term basis (no longer than 6 months at a time).
People with liver damage should not use Boneset.
If you are taking any prescription medications, please consult your healthcare professional before adding Boneset to your supplement regimen.
What is it good for:
- reducing fevers
- reducing inflammation associated with high fever
- supporting the immune system
- strengthening digestive processes
- reducing gas and bloating (related to sluggish digestion)
What else you might like to know:
It is important to understand that herbs work by restoring balance to the body. This means that you usually have to take an herb or a formula for a longer period of time than you would with pharmaceuticals in order to get results-- usually at least a month, and often times longer than that... it all depends on the individual and the nature of the ailment being addressed.
Ingredients: Boneset (Eupatorium perfoliatum)
Directions for use:
Shake Well before each use.
Maintenance Serving: Dissolve 1-2 droppers (1/2 tsp.) in warm water or juice 2-3 times daily.
Augmented Serving: Take 1 full tsp. 2 to 3 times daily in warm water or juice or as directed by a qualified herbalist familiar with the use of Chinese herbs and formulas.
To evaporate alcohol place in hot water.