ize: 1 oz (w/dropper included)-- approx. 10 days supply
MADE IN USA
What is it?:
Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum-- also known as tulsi) is one of the most revered herbs in the Ayurvedic pharmacopoeia. Considered sacred in many cultures, this herb has been revered for centuries thanks to its ability to impart clarity and lightness to the body, mind, and spirit. Some of the benefits of Holy Basil include:
- Adaptogenic support: Adaptogens are a class of plants in herbalism that have a normalizing/regulating effect on body functions. In the case of holy basil, it seems to help regulate and balance the body when stress chemicals (like adrenaline and cortisol) are released, thereby promoting clarity of mind, calming anxiety, and rejuvenating the Spirit.
- Supporting lung health: Holy Basil helps to clear congestion and phlegm to stop cough and promote clear breathing.
- Promotes increased blood circulation: Holy Basil helps relax the smooth muscle tissue of blood vessels, opening and dilating them (called vasodilation). The effect increases blood flow, especially notable in the skin (meaning that holy basil can help to clear up skin issues).
- Promotes lightness and clarity in both mind, body, and Spirit: According to Ayurvedic tradition, Holy Basil activates activates the top of the head (the adipati marma point). According to Vedic religious tradition, this is the point where divine consciousness enters the body (i.e. the crown chakra). Thus Holy Basil is useful to promote clarity of thought, relieve restlessness and anxiety, and as an aid to sacred forms of meditation.
- Promotes strong digestion: Strong digestion improves absorption of nutrients from your food and increases your immunity. Holy Basil's strength as a digestive aid also helps decrease gas and bloating.
What is it good for:
- promoting clarity of mind, calming anxiety, and rejuvenating the Spirit.
- helps clear phlegm & congestion in the lungs
- increases blood circulation
- providing adaptenogenic support (i.e. helps the body deal with stress chemicals)
- promotes strong digestion
- helps decrease gas & bloating
What else you might like to know:
It is important to understand that herbs work by restoring balance to the body. This means that you usually have to take an herb or a formula for a longer period of time than you would with pharmaceuticals in order to get results-- usually at least a month, and often times longer than that... it all depends on the individual and the nature of the ailment being addressed.
Ingredients: Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum)
Directions for use:
Shake Well before each use.
Maintenance Serving: Dissolve 1-2 droppers (1/2 tsp.) in warm water or juice 2-3 times daily.
Augmented Serving: Take 1 full tsp. 2 to 3 times daily in warm water or juice or as directed by a qualified herbalist familiar with the use of Chinese herbs and formulas.
To evaporate alcohol place in hot water.