Size: 1 oz (w/dropper included) - approx. 10 days supply
MADE IN USA
What is it?:
Bacopa (Bacopa monniera, aka water hyssop) is a rejuvenating herb used in the Ayurvedic tradition for its actions of benefitting the physical function of the brain & nervous system while also promoting mental clarity, awareness, and emotional equanimity. In addition to supporting the mind and nervous system, bacopa also has a strong affinity for the lymph, blood, skin, and joints, as well as the circulatory and digestive systems. It possible uses include:
- Strengthening memory, sharpening mental focus, and clarity of thinking.
- Balancing and rejuvenating the nervous system: Bacopa is an adaptogenic herb. This means that it will go into the body and regulate a particular system depending on how it is out of balance. In practice, this means that while it stimulates the mind to more clear and efficient functioning, it can also calm the mind during occasional occurrences of anxiety, nervousness, and palpitations. This "regulatory" quality of bacopa also makes it useful to promote restful sleep (in certain cases).
- Maintenance of systemic health. Bacopa is cooling & drying and has a particular affinity for lymph, blood & circulatory system, skin, joints, and digestive system. This makes it a very versatile herb in the clinic, useful for hot & damp conditions. For example, it can assist the body in cleaning lymph and blood during/after a fever... or it could be used topically on a wound that is hot and damp as an aid to healing... or it can help with sluggish digestion (by removing excess heat and dampness that obstructs the flow of digestive qi (Spleen qi).
Precaution: Bacopa is warming and drying, so its use is not recommended for those who already run hot, are often thirsty, people with night sweats and hot flashes, etc... (in TCM terms those with yin deficiency or full heat).
What is it good for:
- strengthens memory and improves concentration
- balance and rejuvenate the nervous system
- supports systemic health (by clearing dampness & heat from the body)
What else you might like to know:
It is important to understand that herbs work by restoring balance to the body. This means that you usually have to take an herb or a formula for a longer period of time than you would with pharmaceuticals in order to get results-- usually at least a month, and often times longer than that... it all depends on the individual and the nature of the ailment being addressed.
Ingredients: Bacopa (Bacopa monniera)
Directions for use:
Shake Well before each use.
Maintenance Serving: Dissolve 1-2 droppers (1/2 tsp.) in warm water or juice 2-3 times daily.
Augmented Serving: Take 1 full tsp. 2 to 3 times daily in warm water or juice or as directed by a qualified herbalist familiar with the use of Chinese herbs and formulas.
To evaporate alcohol place in hot water.